Tuesday 6 October 2009

Dirty Dancing -Glossy fluff

I went to see “Dirty Dancing,” the musical, at London’s Aldwych the other day. As usual, London theatre tickets are over-priced. But because it was my wife’s birthday, I thought “What the heck,” and paid the £38 ticket price plus the premium Ticket Master’s online booking premium. Our seats were box seats (so-called) which, I would have thought, should have given us an unobstructed view of the stage. Well, they didn’t. Although the dancing was good (not much dirt in it), the singing was indifferent. And the electronically enhanced music was far too loud. All of these would have been tolerable except that the storyline was excessively thin. I must have missed something though, since the thing has been running for three solid years. By the way, if you go, don’t buy the souvenir programme. It would cost you more than £6 for nothing more than glossy fluff.
Tell Fren Tru

No comments:

Post a Comment